Aims & Objectives
The Cottons Medical Centre
Patient Participation Group
Aims and Objectives
By working together and understanding the needs of the surgery and the patients, we aim to:
- Learn more about our patients’ experiences.
- Make sure services are designed and adapted to respond better to patients’ needs.
- Tap into the enthusiasm and energy of the patients to make long-term improvements.
- Develop and encourage closer relationships between staff and patients.
- Promote patient education.
- Improve the quality of care that is provided.
- Identify ways of meeting patients’ needs more appropriately.
- Be able to use information provided by patients to help make improvements.
- Make sure changes make sense to those that are affected by them.
This is not a forum to voice formal complaints or grievances. Complaints need to be handled via the complaints process at the surgery or via the official complaints procedure at the Primary Care Trust.
Patient Participation Group members are recruited to represent the wider views of patients registered at The Cottons Medical Centre, not solely the views of the individual.
Patients and carers and their future care and treatment by the surgery/NHS will not be affected by their involvement in this piece of work.